Why It's Important To Have A Healthy & Productive Workplace
You've probably heard that "work will kill you." Unfortunately, there is some truth to this statement. Various studies have shown that people who frequently work more than fifty hours a week could be running the risk of suffering from health issues like ulcers, high blood pressure, overeating due to hunger, and more - all while they are supposed to be looking after their own health! But what can you do? One factor that has been proven by research is constant stress - which leads to greater risks of becoming sick overtime. It's vital for you to take care of your mental and physical health in order to stay healthy and perform optimally at work.
An analysis indicates the importance of work environment factors on productivity, something of relevance to companies looking to improve their working environment and reduce its negative effects on employees’ health and wellbeing.
What do you mean by a healthy office?
Most people know that having a healthy office is important for their physical and mental health, but what does that mean exactly?
There are a few things to keep in mind when trying to have a healthy office.
First and foremost, make sure you have enough light. The daylight that comes in through your windows is key for fighting against the effects of seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Studies have shown that people who live in areas with lots of natural light suffer from less symptoms of SAD.
Another issue to consider is noise. Many people work in offices with other people, which means there’s usually some sort of noise level. But if it’s too noisy, it can start to negatively impact your concentration and productivity. So make sure to chat with your boss about possible solutions to the noise problem, like moving desks or installing ear- defenders.
And finally, make sure you have a comfortable chair. You may think that spending hours seated at your desk is the height of productivity, but if your chair isn’t comfortable, you’re going to want to switch up positions as often as possible. And if you can’t stand sitting all day long, find a second chair for away-work. Ever sit at your desk for hours on end every single day only to feel achy, tired, or even get sick? If this is true for you, then it might be time to switch up your desk position. Try sitting at a wider angle of your body, like leaning back in your chair. This will help to distribute more weight evenly in order to prevent the pain and pressure that comes with constant sitting in one spot. Adjust it until it helps you feel less stressed and in better shape!Benefits of Healthy Workspaces and how to implement them
Most people become so familiar with the negative aspects of having an unhealthy workspace that they do not even consider the benefits. However, having a healthy workplace can actually have many positive impacts on the employee, the company and the overall economy.
Below is a list of five key benefits of having a healthy workspace:
1. Improved worker productivity. According to The Huffington Post, "a study by Stanford researchers found that when employees' work areas were accurately designed and well-maintained, they produced approximately two-thirds more output than workers in similarly sized rooms without workspaces." This is because clean and organized work spaces help employees stay focused and organized. In addition, having an environment that is comfortable and healthy can also lead to increased creativity and productivity.
2. Reduced stress levels. A stressful workplace can lead to numerous health problems, including obesity, heart disease and depression. Moreover, research has shown that working conditions that are uncomfortable or unhealthy can increase stress levels by 37%. Therefore, it is important to try to create an environment that is both comfortable and healthy for employees in order to reduce stress levels and improve their overall well-being.
3. Increased morale. A happy employee is one who is happy at work and who provides excellent service to everyone in the office. Therefore, having offices that are clean and organized can be associated with an increase in morale, which can not only lead to a better working environment but also improve productivity levels as well.
4. Management level valuations. Having an office that is aesthetically pleasing can be very beneficial when it comes to management level valuation as well. This is because companies like Google, Apple and style their offices this way because they want to create a community feel theme where employees live comfortably so they may want to go home into a lobby space where people are rubbing shoulders making people believe that all are members of their community rather than just coworkers who hope clashing. In addition, such a look also reflects the office’s corporate culture as higher productivity and better work feelings then contributes to profits.
5. Modern design trends in newer generations. In our time, men and women have been paying much more attention to the interior design that they have in their homes and offices. Today’s modern styles are very much preferred by these people who want to furnish their new office. Men like furniture done in contemporary style that can be used for both aesthetics purposes as well as practical value by utilizing things like glass screen or coffee table, brass fixtures etc., so you do not need to spend a lot of dollars for buying new tables every year anymore–and it didn't also require huge maintenance spending etc.
Different ways to improve your health at work
Many people think that they can't improve their health at work, but this couldn't be further from the truth. There are a variety of ways to improve your health at work without having to go through a lot of hassle. The most important part is to start small and gradually add more healthy habits into your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips on how to improve your health at work:
1. Take breaks every hour. Not only do breaks help you relax, but they also allow your body to restore energy. In addition, taking short breaks throughout the day can help reduce stress levels and keep you alert and focused.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. These types of foods are full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which can help protect your body against diseases. In addition, eat plenty of whole grains instead of processed foods as these also contain beneficial nutrients.
3. Make time for exercise. Exercise has been shown to have many benefits for overall health, including improvements in mood and energy levels. Find something that you enjoy doing and make it a part of your daily routine. Burst cardio break that works out fat and works out stronger also stay healthy - working out is a must for staying fit.
The importance of staying fit during long hours at work
Keeping active throughout the day can help to reduce stress and improve performance. When our bodies are constantly in motion, it's easier to concentrate and stay on task. Continuous sitting can also lead to obesity and other conditions, so it’s important to find ways to stay physically active even when we’re stuck at our desks all day long. Here are a few easy ways to start staying healthy during those long office hours:
1. Get up and move every hour: It might seem like a small thing, but getting up every one hour and walking around can really help to break up the monotony of sitting in one place for hours on end. Taking short breaks throughout the day will also help to avoid feeling too tired later on.
2. Use your lunch break for exercise: One of the best things you can do when you have half an hour off is go for a walk or jog around the block. Even just 10 minutes of exercise can help boost your energy level and improve your mood.
3. Find another way to stay active: There are plenty of fun activities that you can do on your own time if you don’t have any opportunities for Exercise during the workday. Try going outside and strolling around your neighborhood at lunchtime or while walking to work in the morning. You can also challenge your coworkers to a game of racquetball or basketball, do some pushups to improve heart function, or join recreational sports such as volleyball for men.
It's no secret that a healthy lifestyle is essential for maintaining a good level of health. However, sometimes it can be difficult to make the switch to a healthier way of life when we're feeling overwhelmed or just don't have time for it. That's where tools like meal planners and fitness trackers come in, providing us with the support we need to make positive changes in our lives without sacrificing convenience. If you're ready to start making permanent changes in your life but aren't sure how or where to start, check out some of the resources available on this website.