Why Should You Buy A Standing Desk For Your Home Office workplace
A standing desk can provide you with the health benefits often attributed to a desktop, such as lower blood pressure and improved circulation. But it also provides other benefits! You'll be more productive at work and able to switch between tasks easier. And you'll still see your significant other while they watch TV in the living room without you getting thrown out of your own home just because of an angry desk-hogging spouse!
Benefits of Standing Desks
There are many benefits to buying a standing desk for your home office. Standing desks are great for people who have difficulty sitting down for long periods of time, as they help promote better circulation and reduce the risk of health problems such as heart disease and diabetes. Additionally, standing desks can be great for people who work in an office with limited space. They're also good for people who want to reduce stress levels and improve their overall productivity. Here are five reasons why you should buy a standing desk for your home office:
1. Improved Circulation: Standing desks help promote better circulation by increasing blood flow to the feet and legs. This can help to prevent health problems such as diabetes and heart disease.
2. Reduced Risk of Health Problems: Standing desks are great for people who have difficulty sitting down for long periods of time. Sitting down for long periods of time can lead to problems such as back pain and neck pain. Standing desks are also good for people who work in an office with limited space, as they don't take up much space.
3. Improved Productivity: Standing desks are great for people who want to improve their productivity. Studies have shown that standing desks can increase working hours by up to 40 %. Standing desks are also good for people who have trouble focusing and completing tasks because they force the individual to take regular breaks to stand up.
4. Reduced Energy Consumption: Standing desks are very energy efficient. A study done at Michigan State University found that standing was more energy efficient than sitting, even though it added 20 minutes to a 5-hour day of sitting time. The study also showed that standing led to a 10% decrease in carbon dioxide emissions and increased the amount of oxygen taken into the body by about 10%. This means that standing desks are very good for the environment.
5. Reduced Weight: According to Health Fitness Revolution, 94% of Americans sit for more than 8 hours each day! Sitting for 8 hours a day has been linked to a 1 to 2 pound weight gain per year. That's a lot of extra weight! So, putting your feet up can help you lose weight safely and effectively.
6. Lower Blood Pressure: A study done at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland examined how standing affected the blood pressure of people who were either standing or sitting. The study showed that those who stood for an hour had decreases in their systolic (the "top number") and diastolic (the "bottom number") blood pressure levels as well as increases in their nocturnal heart rate.
Why purchase a Desk? What features should you look for?
When you're looking to purchase a desk, there are a few things you should keep in mind. For one, you need to decide what features are important to you. Do you want a desk that can hold a lot of weight, or one that is easy to move around? Do you want a desk that has storage space for your materials, or one that is sleek and modern?
Once you've determined what features are important to you, it's time to look for a desk that meets those needs. Here are some tips for finding the perfect desk for your home office:
Choose a Desk That Can Hold A Lot Of Weight
If weight is an important factor for you, then you'll want to choose a desk that can hold a lot of weight. This will help make it easier for you to work at your desk without having to worry about it tipping over. Look for desks with sturdy build quality and heavy duty casters so that they can easily be moved around.
Choose A Desk That Is Easy To Move Around
Another important feature to consider when purchasing a desk is how easy it is to move around. Choose a desk that has wheels or casters so that it can be easily moved from room to room and even across the country. You'll want to find a desk that is not too heavy so that it doesn't weigh you down, but instead can be easily moved around. Look for Desk Accessories if they haven't already been installed, consider checking to see if your desk comes with any other accessories like drawers or shelves. Having these features will go a long way in helping you achieve a better home office setup!
How to make your own Desk
If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time sitting at your desk. But that doesn't have to be the case all the time. A standing desk can help you stay active and mobile while you work. Here are four reasons why you should buy a standing desk for your home office:
1. Standing is Better for Your Joints.
A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that sitting for long periods of time can lead to joint pain and fatigue. Sitting on a stationary chair all day can actually cause your hips, knees, and spine to suffer. Standing instead allows your joints to move more freely, which can help reduce pain and improve your health overall.
2. Standing Helps You Lose Weight.
Studies have shown that people who stand or walk more often tend to weigh less than those who sit down most of the time. If you're trying to lose weight, a standing desk may be a better way to go than sitting at your desk all day long. Not only do you get the same amount of exercise by standing, but it's also more comfortable because you don't have to strain yourself as much when you move around.
3. Standing Prevents Diabetes.
Standing burns more calories than sitting, so it's a great way to get your metabolism going. Research has shown that people who sit the most are 40 percent more likely to develop diabetes than those who sit the least. Limiting your time spent sitting at work can help you lower your risk of developing an illness that can be controlled with diet and exercise.
4. Standing Makes You Smarter.
A study published in the "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences" found that standing while working uses different parts of the brain than sitting and using our hands, which have been linked to increase mental functioning, especially among older adults.
5. Standing Lets You Be More Productive.
Perhaps this is why so many people find standing desks a good alternative to sitting at their desks. This makes sense. Standing up helps you be more focused and alert, since the brain is working on many tasks at any given time. Even better? If you can decide to work standing up at your desk often, you can also make sure it's a habit that won't hurt your body later on down the line.
Add Height to your Desks
If you're like most people, you spend a lot of time sitting at your desk. Not only is this bad for your health, but it also makes it difficult to work efficiently. If you're looking to improve your productivity, a standing desk is the perfect solution. They come in all different shapes and sizes, so there's definitely one that will fit your needs. Here are some reasons why you should buy a standing desk for your home office:
- Standing desks have been shown to increase productivity by up to 50%. This is because they provide an alternative to sitting that is both more ergonomic and more comfortable.
- Standing desks are more affordable than traditional office chairs. This means that you can get one that fits your needs and budget without having to compromise on quality.
- Standing desks are portable. This means that you can take them with you wherever you go. This is especially convenient if you work from home.
- Standing desks are adjustable. This means that they can be made to suit any height or size.
If you work at a desk most of the day, buying a standing desk can make a big difference in your overall comfort and productivity. Not only will you be reducing your risk of developing chronic diseases like obesity and type II diabetes, but you'll also be increasing your flexibility and range of motion. If you're on the fence about whether or not to buy a standing desk for your home office, read this article to find out more about the benefits it can offer.